Monday, July 25, 2016

Wedding Gifts

Just a thought on enduring wedding gifts. This is my Aunt Florence and my dad c1913-14. We didn't see our Pennsylvania relatives often. I have cousins I've not seen in years, except on Facebook. (That's you Jerry.)
Aunt Florence gave me a modest gift, a pair of stainless dishes. It is a gift I use almost everyday 50 years later. In fact I found another set at an estate sale to use with them.
Perfect for keeping the contents covered be it beans or apple sauce, soaking French toast in the egg mix 

or dredging eggplant or green tomatoes in corn meal for a summer treat.
 I think of my Aunt Florence every time I use them. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a ton for sharing these incredible wedding gift ideas! My sister is also getting married and I am giving her a wedding favor of decorating her San Francisco wedding venues she has hired. It’ll be a great fun to see her expressions after looking at complete decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome details about wedding gifts included in this blogpost. Thanks for sharing.

    Zokudo - wedding gift vouchers

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Don't be shy!