Friday, October 12, 2012

Slipcovers

My daughter aquired a new to her sofa from a friend.  A sleeper.  Moving fun.  It involved taking off feet, removing an interior door and three girls and a guy.  It was in good shape except for the cat clawing on one arm, so covering was needed.  Two good old drop cloths from Home Depot.  My mom's workhorse sewing machine. a little time for french seams.








I'm not a fan of zippers or cushion covering.  But I'll probably do those too.  I was so pleased with the result I came home and did my own sofa (one more to go).  Four drop cloths, three zippers so far.  I need one more trip to Home Depot for another drop cloth for the loveseat.





I used the same grommet and lacing closure in the back and Scothguarded it.  If it gets too dirty I'll try some RIT dye.



2 comments:

  1. Nice. Wish I could sew!! I'd be making pillows all day. Speaking of RIT dyes, I used to dye clothing in my parent's bath tub. My mom used to get so mad at me for the stains from the dye. Talk about ring around the tub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I am so impressed. I wish I had that kind of talent. I need a couple of those done at my house.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Don't be shy!