Monday, March 18, 2013

Sunday Lunch

A week ago Sunday we hosted a friend from Indonesia who was back for a visit. Enjoyable conversation all around as our friend Jim Kutz is the curriculum developer of the model curriculum PK - 12th grade for a model school in Dhaka, Bangladesh.  He is also involved with the Geology World Park to be located in Bogor, Indonesia.
I still have my living and dining rooms switched around, good for a table of eleven.
 Simple red tulips on the table.
Stock and carnations in the other room.
Food waiting to be put out.
Lemonade and wine in the kitchen.
Cheese boards.
Roasted asparagus with balsamic vinegar, mixed cherry tomatoes on the side.
 Chicken salad.

My sister's excellent pound cake and fresh strawberries for dessert.  A really easy party to prepare since poached chicken breasts take less than 30 minutes to cook. I used red grapes, dried cranberries, celery and walnuts with a minimal amount of mayo/yogurt/mustard/curry dressing.




2 comments:

  1. That sure looks like a wonderful feast Pat. I am sure everyone loved all that delicious food and great company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous set up for lunch! The settings are beautiful and the food looks delicious! The flowers are lovely! I am very impressed! Thanks for stopping by my Today's Flowers post and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Don't be shy!