Saturday, October 7, 2017

Thrilled...

Yes. I was thrilled. I'm on a trip to a wedding in northern NJ. I took the scenic tour...one night in Philadelphia, one night in Long Branch, one night at the wedding in the Budd Lake area. A very organized wedding!

I stopped by our old house in Elberon for two hours on the beach on a perfect October day.









Then I stopped at the Elberon Library where i had the patron number 1132. I started browsing the shelves for a book with my number written in the back. The librarian asked if I needed help and I told her I was an old patron from the private library days. She started looking and found a book right away. Main Street, Sinclair Lewis
We got talking and she brought out the scrap book of library history. I said "Oh I know quite a bit, I wrote a blog about it." She drew back and says "Are you ... Pat?" I owned up and both librarians told me they read my blog and loved the history of houses and the library piece. But they were too shy to comment! We ended up taking pictures.
I was thrilled to meet readers (who weren't my family)!

1 comment:

  1. Pat, It was such a pleasure meeting you! You have quite the enthusiastic fan club at the Elberon Library, my only regret is not commenting on your blog earlier! We loved having a visit from #1132 and hope to see you again when you're in the area!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Don't be shy!