Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Living Room

To get back to the house...

Here's the living room.
We haven't painted. I've used a similar pale pink color in my old house. The little sofa I got to use in my son's room when he was born. The white chair is a Darryl Carter I acquired at a silent auction. The rug was from the same auction. The big lamp is Restoration Hardware (on sale), the small one is one of a pair I bought from the previous owner.


The side board is from my MIL. The mirror is a later story.


The former owner had a chair with the same blue upholstery in the same spot. My chair came from a home my folks bought semi-furnished. The little Chinese table and china cabinet are from my MIL.


All the Victorian side tables and chairs are from my Mom.


The tilt top table is from PFS's Aunt Martha. The lamp is Target (after the kids/dog broke the good one that was there!) The artwork and prints are about the only other things in this room that I bought.


That's Kitty, my great grandmother. This was her sofa. She took a nap on it every afternoon.

I read the NY Sunday Times there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Don't be shy!