Sunday, July 8, 2012

Restoration

We had a BIG BIG party last week.  In preparation I worked on seating needs.  We've had these sofas forever ... they are from my mom's house.  We had them outside on the lawn at our old house for years.  Here they've not been used, they've been abused, they've rusted through and through.  The wooden arms  rotted.  I'm going to try to find a woodworker to make a copy from the one I have left.
 
 
 
 
 
With some effort, in 100 degree heat, I got most of the paint chipped and stripped.
 
 
 
Primed.
 
 
Painted two coats of Rustoleum gloss white.

The vintage cushions are huge, heavy things with inner springs.  They have been in the basement on another sofa for kids to use.  Still OK is the covering Mom sewed years ago.
Then I did a little re-hab on these chairs and table.
Primed
Totally disgusting innards.
 



New foam.  Much better!
 
 
 
I grabbed tables from my daughter's porch and did a quick paint job on them as well.

Everyone had a seat.

1 comment:

  1. You are a real wizard with a paintbrush; but I know it needs much more and your diligence is a credit to you. The setting looks amazing, like new.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Don't be shy!